Doris Milton, PhD, RN has had a 50 year career in nursing and healthcare with interesting experiences in both service and educational settings.
She enjoys and gets great satisfaction from helping others design a personalized plan so they can focus on achieving their career goals. Doris has found that having an individualized career growth plan helps leaders to fast track their success.
Positions, Career Experience and Expertise Include:
- Direct care provider (staff nurse)
- Director of Nursing Research and Education (healthcare systems)
- Magnet designation consultant
- Director of Research and Education (primary care center)
- Faculty, full and part time plus adjunct (college and university)
- Dean and assistant dean positions, on ground and online
- Consultant – CCNE, ACEN, curriculum and program development (baccalaureate, master’s, and doctoral programs)
Extensive Expertise Includes:
- Author of several books and book chapters, plus numerous articles in professional journals
- Editor and reviewer for professional journals
- Mentor and coach to numerous healthcare professionals
- Professional speaker at numerous nursing and healthcare meetings and conferences (local, state, regional, national, and international)
- Workshop facilitator for both service, staff, and leadership programs