Keynotes, Seminars and Workshops
The following topics can all serve as keynotes or seminar breakout sessions that are 60-90 minutes or full-day workshops. The full-day workshop is very interactive. Participants leave with an individualized plan they develop and can implement after the workshop.
Fast-track Your Career Goals
This presentation will help you grow your healthcare career at a rapid pace (whether you are new to healthcare or have years of experience). Each of the step-by-step strategies shared will focus on a critical component to create a solid action plan that will help you fast-track your career path.
Learn how to be positioned as a qualified, ideal candidate for the position or role of your dreams. Become more satisfied with your career and serve more effectively so that others can benefit from your contributions.
Healthcare leaders often feel stuck in a “career box.” Some want to stay in their current profession and continue to make a difference; yet they know they could have more of an impact if they were in a different role or position. Still others want to change their focus to a different healthcare profession, or serve in a different capacity, such as changing from practice to administration or education. This valuable presentation is a critical step toward increasing career satisfaction and fast-tracking your career goals.
Learn how to:
- Visualize and achieve your most ideal career path
- Forecast major challenges in your chosen speciality and how to overcome them
- Determine key qualifications for your dream career and how to take specific actions to achieve your goals
- Create a strategic plan to fast-track your career advancement
Avoiding Career Sabotage
This presentation will teach you how to stop sabotaging your healthcare career opportunities with career-limiting behaviors and actions. Discover how to open new doors of opportunity and focus on step-by-step strategies to fast-track achieving your dream position.
Many healthcare professionals focus on learning about ways to move forward in our careers, or on the best strategies to change careers. We offer to do more where we work, use digital media well, network with other professionals, and often present at meetings or publish in our fields. We then wonder why we are not advancing more quickly when we are doing “all of the right things,” not realizing that we might also be sabotaging our efforts with behaviors we can change. Healthcare professionals who become more aware of career-limiting behaviors can focus on using strategies so they can be more successful in having the career they want.
Learn how to:
- Change personal behaviors that can limit career success
- Avoid work-related career sabotaging behaviors
- Avoid personality-related career sabotaging behaviors
- Be aware of student or staff development career sabotaging behaviors
- Develop step-by-step success strategies and open doors to career growth opportunities
Planning and Evaluating Projects: The Ten Most Common Pitfalls and How to Prevent Them
Healthcare leaders volunteer or appointed to direct projects in the work setting, and the outcomes of these projects are key to their career success. All projects have pitfalls either in the planning or evaluating phases, and these can sabotage project outcomes. These can be prevented and projects developed that increase the likelihood of achieving your career goals. This presentation will provide step-by-step strategies to overcome common project planning and evaluation challenges.
Learn how to:
- Develop a clear and concise project description
- Design realistic and measurable project objectives
- Use a comprehensive yet focused literature review
- Monitor project implementation
- Select a valid project evaluation design
- Use valid, reliable, and sensitive outcome measures
- Collect adequate data
- Use appropriate data analysis procedures
- Identify accurately the time needed for planning, implementation, and evaluation
- Plan for adequate project resources
Writing an Article for Professional Publication
Publishing an article in a professional journal is an important step in fast-tracking your career. This presentation focuses on the key phases of developing an article to help you be seen as an expert in your current or future career. Considering critical elements in the preparation, writing, and revising phases of article development increases the likelihood of publication in the ideal journal.
Learn how to:
- Decide the audience who would benefit most from your article
- Focus on solutions to problems important to that audience
- Select 3-5 solutions that demonstrate your knowledge and expertise
- Choose a professional journal that aligns with your future career goals
- Develop a detailed outline for your article
- Identify strategies to write, revise, and proofread the article
- List resources to assist in developing, writing, and publishing the article
Effective Professional Presentations: Pointers for Creating Presentations That Work
Professionals are asked to present topics in their organizations or at professional meetings and conferences. Instead of turning down these opportunities, create presentations to increase your visibility and fast-track your goals. Decrease your anxiety by using strategies to help you create presentations that showcase your knowledge and skills and share your expertise with other professionals.
Learn how to:
- Select topics that align with your career goals
- Use strategies to demonstrate your expertise in the topic
- Remember the audience wants you to do well
- Help those in the audience with solutions to resolve a problem important to them
- Present only on important topics in which you have expertise
- Tailor presentations to your audience
- Focus on motivating your audience to want to learn more